Why your skin isn’t hydrated?
There are several reasons why your skin may not be adequately hydrated:
- Not drinking enough water: It is important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Dehydration can lead to dry, flaky skin.
- Using hot water: Hot water can strip the skin of its natural oils, leading to dryness. Try using lukewarm water instead.
- Over-cleansing: Over-cleansing the skin can strip it of its natural oils, leading to dryness. It is important to use a gentle cleanser and to not overdo it.
- Using harsh skincare products: Some skincare products, such as those that contain alcohol or sulfates, can be harsh on the skin and lead to dryness. It is important to choose products that are formulated for your skin type and to avoid those that contain drying ingredients.
- Not using a moisturizer: A moisturizer helps to seal in moisture and prevent dryness. It is important to use a moisturizer on the skin, especially after cleansing and exfoliating.
- Environmental factors: Exposure to cold, dry air, wind, and UV rays can all lead to dryness. It is important to protect the skin from these environmental stressors by using a moisturizer with SPF and by covering up when necessary.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis, can lead to dry, flaky skin. It is important to speak to a healthcare provider if you have a medical condition that is causing dryness.