Why should never use products with SLS/SLES 2023 Edition
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) are commonly used ingredients in many personal care and cleaning products, but they are also known for causing skin irritation and other negative effects. Here are the five reasons why we never use SLS/SLES in our products:
- Skin irritation: SLS and SLES are known irritants and can cause dryness, redness, and itching in some individuals. They can also aggravate conditions such as eczema and rosacea.
- Allergic reactions: SLS and SLES can also cause allergic reactions in some people, especially those with sensitive skin. These reactions can range from mild to severe and can include hives, rashes, and even anaphylaxis.
- Eye irritation: SLS and SLES can also cause eye irritation and even lead to corneal damage if they come into contact with the eyes.
- Environmental concerns: SLS and SLES are not biodegradable, which means they can persist in the environment for a long time. They are also toxic to aquatic life, and their use in personal care and cleaning products can contribute to water pollution.
- Not necessary: There are many alternative ingredients available that can provide the same cleaning and foaming properties as SLS and SLES, without the negative side effects. We prefer to use these alternatives in our products, to ensure they are safe and non-irritant for our customers.
In conclusion, SLS and SLES are commonly used ingredients in personal care and cleaning products, but they can cause skin irritation, allergic reactions, eye irritation, environmental concerns, and are not necessary.
We prefer to use alternative ingredients that are safe, non-irritant, and environmentally friendly in the skincare kit you can see below: